Work with us
We are hiring
About Words To Grow
Words to Grow is a paediatric speech pathology clinic on Brisbane’s Northside, that delivers high-quality, individualised, value-for-money services that children look forward to. We support children to develop speech, language and literacy skills through engaging, individualised, evidence-based therapy so that they can build positive relationships with themselves and others and to engage in all learning activities at school.
We are looking for a speech pathologist with shared values of good humanity, child and family-centred care, evidence-based practice, and growth mindset.
We want to find someone who values possibilities over problems and loves what they do.
This position provides the opportunity for a new graduate or experienced clinician to work flexibly and independently but with the support of colleagues, mentors, and/or supervision.
The Speech Pathologist will have a high level of autonomy in developing their caseload and working arrangements and will apply their clinical skills to:
- Deliver high quality clinic-based, telehealth and/or early childhood centre-based speech pathology services to children and their families.
- Assisting in service planning and provision of speech pathology services that deliver best practice standards for speech pathology services.
- Opportunity to work with Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to support their professional learning in communication in early childhood.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Speech Pathology
- Experience working as paediatric speech pathologist or in a supervised placement as part of your university training.
- Current Blue Card
- Certified Practising Speech Pathologist and Member of Speech Pathology Australia (or eligibility for membership)
- Eligibility to register as a Medicare Provider
- Experience in working with children and confidence in your role with children and their parents;
- A passion for delivering quality evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Flexible working arrangements in a full time or part time capacity so that you can have maximum participation in the workforce, while having the freedom to do the things you love and be there for the people you love.
- Highly competitive salary
- Clinic based, Service based and Telehealth role (with the ability to work from home) with dedicated time to allow for learning, quality supervision and collaboration with colleagues;
- Opportunity to work with children at the clinic, via Telehealth and/or childcare/kindy.
- Regular and ongoing support from a highly experienced Speech Pathology Lead offering opportunities for career development and progression and mentoring in further developing your clinical and supervisory and leadership skills;
- Opportunity to influence quality service delivery;
- Comprehensive professional development to help you reach your full potential and be able to provide the best possible client outcomes. This includes regular supportive supervision, case conferencing and internal training. We also have professional development budgets and paid professional development leave days;
- Administration and client-care support from our administration team for booking appointments, invoicing and client care follow-up.
For further information or for a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Tania Herrington on 07 3855 5492
To apply: Email a request for the selection criteria, together with a cover letter, and CV with two referees (clinical practice) to email: email@example.com